Frankston Forest Baptist Church supports Share an Opportunity (SAO) We currently support three children. For details about the program please click the Baptist World Aid logo on the left to go to the SAO website.
How Does SAO Child Sponsorship Work?
By involving children, their families and communities in finding solutions to the needs of children, SAO Child Sponsorship can make a significant difference to the well-being of all the community's children and their families.
- Training mothers to grow their own nutritious food helps them prevent malnutrition.
- Assisting families to increase their incomes reduces the reliance on children to earn an income and makes it easier for families to send their children to school.
- Working with adolescents helps equip young people with the knowledge and skills to enhance their opportunities for employment and become change-agents within their communities.
- Working with communities can help them improve the environment in which they live, for example securing safe water sources and adequate sanitation facilities.
- Whole community activities like these help create a safer and healthier community, in which children can grow, learn and thrive.
- SAO Children works in Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Bangladesh and the Philippines, and will soon begin programs in other countries.
How we Work
Baptist World Aid Australia works with local Christian partners overseas to serve those living in poverty.
Our focus is to work through community development initiatives to help families access the skills and resources they need to
Through a variety of activities suited to each region, our partners seek to help children, women and men lift themselves out of
Over 16,000 Australians support our work, in 16countries across Asia, Africa and the Pacific. Find out how you can get involved...
The main ways we work are through;